One of the best things about having this food blog (besides eating all the food *insert maniacal laughter here*) has been interacting with all the other food lovers and bloggers out there. It’s such a beautiful thing to connect with people who share your passions (if you’re not following me on Instagram, get on it! @cocinadecella — I post there more often than I do here). Throughout the process of sharing my cooking experiences, I’ve stumbled upon the most beautiful recipes and artfully-created dishes that inspire me every day.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago and am just now getting around to accepting it. This award acknowledges excellence in small blogs and is a way to bring them more recognition. Thank you so much to Lori of Creating Beauty in the Kitchen for nominating me! If you haven’t checked out her site, she is always posting the most delicious-looking recipes with lots of fresh ingredients and gluten-free flours. She also happens to share my quinoa obsession ;)
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the questions you were given.
Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated and appreciate their hard work
Here are the questions Lori gave me:
1. Coffee of Tea?
Coffee has always had my heart but I’m trying to kick the habit. Earl gray tea with a splash of almond milk and a little honey is a new obsession. Pure bliss.
2. What are your favorite colors to decorate with?
I’m of the Type A personality type and am always desperately seeking soothing/calming colors. I like white, shades of gray and lavender with metallic accents.
3. Do you have a favorite t.v. show? What is it?
My favorites at the moment are Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Girls, Modern Family and Mindy Project.
4. What is it about your best friend that makes him/her your best friend?
I have too many best friends and they all have something unique about them that I love. One is laid back with a similarly awkward sense of humor and a shared passion for literature and movies. Another is sweet and nurturing with a wild side that is so much fun to be around. One is fierce, witty and strong and so easy to talk to. Another is bold, adventurous and ambitious and inspires to be the same. I also have a gentle-natured, kindhearted friend that could drink any man under the table. My friends are incredible.
5. If you could learn how to do one thing, what would it be and why?
COOK, duh! That’s why I’m here!
6. What is your favorite season of the year, and why?
I’m going to go with Fall :) I like to watch the world change colors, the winds start to blow and the temperature drop. The fashion and seasonal produce are also the best.
7. Use three words to describe yourself.
Independent, dreamer, loving
8. Cats or Dogs?
9. Who has influenced you the most, and why?
My mom. She’s superwoman. She raised me to be a strong woman and to never rely upon anybody else for something I need. She also instilled in me a passion for reading and the ability to care for and nurture the people that I love.
10. What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax?
Cuddle up with the pups and read or watch a movie.
Without further ado, here are the bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award:
Emily from Em the Baker: she posts some incredible-looking gluten-free sweets!
Maral from Let’s Live la Vida: This girl is such a sweetheart, an amazing writer and an even better cook. Definitely check her out!
Joanne from Gluten Free and the Australian Teenager: I really enjoy reading about the foods she prepares for her son, who has Celiac, and she is just so sweet
Sylvie from My Cooking Instinct: It is in French and I cannot understand a word but, from the pictures, I can gather that she puts together beautiful food combinations and is just an inspiration overall
Veggie Chica!: Don’t know her name but she posts vegetarian Mexican recipes! Yum!
Holly from Buttercups and Bourbon: lovely food photography and great, fresh recipes
And here are the questions I give you:
1. What inspires you?
2. If you could be the character of any book or movie, who would it be and why?
3. Where is your favorite place in the world?
4. You’re on death row; describe your last meal.
5. Three artists you are currently listening to:
6. Best childhood memory?
7. Besides the fact that you might be powerful beyond measure, what is your deepest fear? ;)
8. Who is the best cook you know in real life?
9. If you could meet any famous chef or food blogger, who would it be and why?
10. What is something you wish you knew when you were 15 years old?